Terms and conditions
- By accessing any part of this website (further referred to as ‘Site’), you will be deemed to have accepted these terms (further referred to as ‘Terms’).
- In the Terms, ‘you’ and ‘your(s)’ means the user of the Site, and ‘we’, ‘our(s)’ and ‘us’ means the Investment Promotion Agency Qatar (further referred to as ‘IPAQ’).
- The Terms relate to the use of the Site and materials contained herein as well as any electronic communications sent in connection with your use of the Site, such as (but not limited to) confirmation emails, follow-up emails, and email newsletters.
- The Terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Qatar Financial Centre.
- We do not guarantee or represent that the Site will be able to meet your requirements. You are using the Site at your sole risk.
- The IPAQ seeks to ensure that the information and materials on this Site (or sent in connection with your use of the Site) are correct at the time of inclusion but provides these without warranty or representation of any kind, whether express or implied. The IPAQ does not accept any liability for inaccuracies, errors or omissions in material contained on the Site.
- In no circumstances shall the IPAQ be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise including but not limited to those arising from the use of or inability to use this Site, or any material contained in it (including any documents available for download as the case may be), or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site or any such material.
- The materials on this Site do not and are not intended to constitute financial, legal or other professional advice. You should seek your own advice from a financial, legal or other professional adviser in connection with any material contained on this Site.
- This Site may contain material sent to the IPAQ by third parties. You should note that third parties are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit to the IPAQ complies with applicable laws and the IPAQ is not responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in any material sourced from third parties. The IPAQ reserves the right to omit, suspend or change any third-party material submitted as it considers appropriate.
- Whilst navigating this Site you may be offered links to other sites. Such other sites are offered for information and convenience purposes only and should you leave this Site via a link contained herein, you do so at your own risk. The IPAQ does not exercise any control over these sites and is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. You are advised to review and adhere to the terms and conditions of any such site.
- The IPAQ owns the copyright and any other rights in this Site and all material on it, unless otherwise stated. You are responsible for adhering to all applicable laws relating to the intellectual property laws which apply to the content displayed on this Site and the material on it.
- The IPAQ allows you to make copies of this Site as necessary during your viewing of the Site for normal business purposes. You may also print or store as much of the Site as is reasonable for personal use or for use within an individual firm or organisation, but material should not be copied, used or re-published in whole or in part without prior written permission from the IPAQ and without acknowledging the source, either by the use of appropriate words or by our copyright notice (© Investment Promotion Agency Qatar).
- The IPAQ will allow you to print or store online application forms.
- The IPAQ will use reasonable efforts to ensure this Site is available to you, without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. Due to the possibility of human and technical errors, the IPAQ will not be liable if, for any reason, the Site is unavailable for a period of time.
- The IPAQ reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend the Site without any prior notice.
What data do we collect?
The IPAQ collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone numbers etc.);
- Company identification information (organization name, registration data etc.);
- IP address; your device, browser, and operating system; your location, pages visited, and the duration of your stay on our Site.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the IPAQ with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Create an account on our Site
- Fill out a form registering your interest in events or services
- Fill out an email subscription form
- Fill out a contact form
- Apply for an open position with the IPAQ
- Request information or email an enquiry to us
- Make a submission on any matter requiring public consultation
- Participate in any survey or other similar exercise undertaken by us
- File a complaint
- Use the chatbot feature
- Use or view our Site using your browser's cookies
- Send personal data to the IPAQ by any other means.
How will we use your data?
The IPAQ collects your data so that we can:
- Provide and improve our services to you
- Manage our relationship with you and to communicate with you
- Administer and improve our Site; including compiling anonymous statistics, for example, Site usage statistics
- Market, enhance and improve our services;
- Maintain internal record keeping and audits
- Recruit new employees
- Comply with legal regulations
- Legitimately pursue our activities
- Send our email newsletter to you as well as other emails that might be of interest.
If you agree, the IPAQ will share your data with the following partners in order to facilitate the provision of relevant services:
- Government and regulatory bodies or entities in and outside of IPAQ
- Other businesses and third parties (such as our service providers, IT hosting and maintenance providers and other contractors) which we engage to help us run our business, for example to provide services to you
- Analytics, technology and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site
- Such other entities or bodies as may be required by law
- Any other parties to whom you authorise us to release your data.
How do we store your data?
The IPAQ securely stores your data using IT systems including databases hosted in the cloud. We will keep your data as outlined above in accordance with our data retention policy. We typically keep data for ten years from the end of our relationship. Sometimes data might be needed for a longer period for legitimate purposes, e.g., to resolve open enquiries. If certain data are deemed not to be longer required, we may delete, destroy or anonymise them.
The IPAQ would like to send you information about services and events that we think might be of interest to you. If you have agreed to receive marketing messages, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to request that the IPAQ refrain from contacting you for marketing purposes and/or refrain from providing your data to other entities.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
The IPAQ would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request the IPAQ for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the IPAQ correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the IPAQ to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the IPAQ erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the IPAQ restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the IPAQ’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the IPAQ transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us
Privacy policies of other websites
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our Site, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our Site
- Personalizing Site content for you
- Providing you with more information matching your identified interests
- Completing a request made by you
- Keep chatbot sessions open and saved
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies; however, our Site uses:
- Necessary - These cookies are essential to make our Site work correctly as they enable you to move around our Site and use our features. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g., entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
- Performance – These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our Site by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the Site, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our Site.
- Functionality – IPAQ uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our Site and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – IPAQ uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our Site, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. IPAQ sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our Site.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and you can find information at allaboutcookies.org. on how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our Site features may not function as a result.