Terms and conditions
- By accessing any part of this website (further referred to as ‘Site’), you will be deemed to have accepted these terms (further referred to as ‘Terms’).
- In the Terms, ‘you’ and ‘your(s)’ means the user of the Site, and ‘we’, ‘our(s)’ and ‘us’ means the Investment Promotion Agency Qatar (further referred to as ‘IPAQ’).
- The Terms relate to the use of the Site and materials contained herein as well as any electronic communications sent in connection with your use of the Site, such as (but not limited to) confirmation emails, follow-up emails, and email newsletters.
- The Terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Qatar Financial Centre.
- We do not guarantee or represent that the Site will be able to meet your requirements. You are using the Site at your sole risk.
- The IPAQ seeks to ensure that the information and materials on this Site (or sent in connection with your use of the Site) are correct at the time of inclusion but provides these without warranty or representation of any kind, whether express or implied. The IPAQ does not accept any liability for inaccuracies, errors or omissions in material contained on the Site.
- In no circumstances shall the IPAQ be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise including but not limited to those arising from the use of or inability to use this Site, or any material contained in it (including any documents available for download as the case may be), or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site or any such material.
- The materials on this Site do not and are not intended to constitute financial, legal or other professional advice. You should seek your own advice from a financial, legal or other professional adviser in connection with any material contained on this Site.
- This Site may contain material sent to the IPAQ by third parties. You should note that third parties are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit to the IPAQ complies with applicable laws and the IPAQ is not responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in any material sourced from third parties. The IPAQ reserves the right to omit, suspend or change any third-party material submitted as it considers appropriate.
- Whilst navigating this Site you may be offered links to other sites. Such other sites are offered for information and convenience purposes only and should you leave this Site via a link contained herein, you do so at your own risk. The IPAQ does not exercise any control over these sites and is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. You are advised to review and adhere to the terms and conditions of any such site.
- The IPAQ owns the copyright and any other rights in this Site and all material on it, unless otherwise stated. You are responsible for adhering to all applicable laws relating to the intellectual property laws which apply to the content displayed on this Site and the material on it.
- The IPAQ allows you to make copies of this Site as necessary during your viewing of the Site for normal business purposes. You may also print or store as much of the Site as is reasonable for personal use or for use within an individual firm or organisation, but material should not be copied, used or re-published in whole or in part without prior written permission from the IPAQ and without acknowledging the source, either by the use of appropriate words or by our copyright notice (© Investment Promotion Agency Qatar).
- The IPAQ will allow you to print or store online application forms.
- The IPAQ will use reasonable efforts to ensure this Site is available to you, without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. Due to the possibility of human and technical errors, the IPAQ will not be liable if, for any reason, the Site is unavailable for a period of time.
- The IPAQ reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend the Site without any prior notice.
Platform user agreement
By clicking on “Create account” or “Continue with LinkedIn” you agree to enter into a legally binding contract with Invest Qatar. If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User agreement”) do not click “Create account” (or “Continue with LinkedIn”) and do not access or otherwise use our Platform. If you wish to terminate this contract at any time you can do so by deactivating your account on the Platform or reaching to Invest Qatar to permanently delete your account.
This Contract applies to the Invest Qatar connection Platform, also referred as the “Platform”. Registered users of the Platforms are “Members”.
You are entering into this Contract with The Investment Promotion Agency in Qatar (IPAQ) also referred to as “Invest Qatar”, “we” and “us”
This contract applies to Members of the Platform.
When you register and join the Platform you become a Member.
Changes to the user agreement
As a Member of the Platform, you agree to:
- Use a strong password and keep it confidential
- Not transfer or share your account with others
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated
- Use your real name on your profile
- Use the Platform in a professional manner
As a Member of the Platform, you agree NOT TO:
- Create a false identity on the Platform, misrepresent your identity, impersonate another Member or company, or use or attempt to use another person's account
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Platform or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Platform
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Platform (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views)
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Platform, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of Invest Qatar
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer))
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the content of others without their permission
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of the Platform including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our technology; (iii) using the word “Invest Qatar” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except if shared by the Invest Qatar team
- Post anything that promotes or contains links to software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Platform or any related technology that is not open source
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Invest Qatar without our express consent
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Platform, add or download content, send or redirect messages
Notices and messages
- The Platform enables notifications, messages and emails.
- You will be notified through Platform notifications about reminders, recommendations or content that matches your interest. You can turn off most notifications at any point in time except the ones that are key to managing your account.
- You will receive emails concerning key interactions on the Platform and you can unsubscribe at any point to marketing content, reminders or other emails except the ones that are key to managing your account (password change, email change, deactivating account…)
- You can communicate with other Members and companies on the Platform through the messaging feature. By initiating or responding to messages, you promise not to use abusive, illegal language or promote illegal activities or anything prohibitied by law. You can leave a message conversation at any time.
Our Platform allows messaging and sharing of information in many ways such as your profiles (including your company profiles), messages, events, news tenders, services and opportunities.
Rights and Limits
- As a company member, you own all of the content you provide to us, but you grant us the right to use it in our marketing and communications. By creating your company profile, you promise to use features related to your company solely for business related purposes
- Your use of others’ content and information posted on our Platform is at your own risk.
- We may change suspend or discontinue any of our features without prior notice
- Not all Members will have access to same set of features, this can depend on your user type, company type and how you have been using the Platform.
- We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Platform.
- We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your account if you breach this Contract or the law or are misusing the Platform.
- We reserve the right to delete content (delete companies, members, events, tenders, services or opportunities) in case the content violates the law, or in case we find that the information is not truthful.
- We use data and information about you, as well as your preferences to make relevant suggestions to you and others.
- You can use the Platform to connect and explore businesses, tenders, opportunities yet any financial or business transaction, bidding, offers discussions should not be handled on the Platform
Disclaimers and limit of liability
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Platform
Invest Qatar offers a Platform for Members to add their companies profiles, post their tenders, opportunities and services. Invest Qatar team will take reasonable steps to ensure the information on the Platform is accurate however Invest Qatar makes no representation, warranty or claim of any kind (express or implied) about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability, with respect to the information Invest Qatar does not accept any liability to any person for the information or the use of such information, which is provided by Members of the Platform. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Invest Qatar disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in contract, tort or negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs that may be incurred by any person or organization relying on the contents of Invest Qatar. Any links to external websites should not be construed as an endorsement of the content or views of the linked materials.
Invest Qatar will help in facilitating introductions, but cannot guarantee that the introduction will be facilitated nor that the recipient will respond
Invest Qatar cannot be held liable on the quality of the communication that happens on the Platfrom between its Members, and cannot guarantee that recipients of messages will respond.
Invest Qatar cannot be held liable on the quality of services provided by support service providers, and cannot guarantee that the service provider will respond.
We can each end this contract but some rights and obligations survive
Both you and Invest Qatar may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Platform. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback
- Members rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Platform (Existing opportunities, existing tenders, companies that you added which ownership was transferred etc.)
If your wish to terminate the contract, you can go to your profile to deactivate your account, or you can reach out to the Invest Qatar team to permanently delete your account.
Governing law and dispute resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, you and Invest Qatar agree to resolve in Qatar court using QFC laws.
Complaints regarding content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a process for complaints about content through our feedback/report feature or by reaching out the Invest Qatar team.
How to contact us:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: +974 4496 7777
Or write to us:
Investment Promotion Agency Qatar
Tornado Tower, 13th Floor
P.O. Box 11381
Service providers terms and conditions
A service provider is a company who wishes to add offer their service on the Platform
By adding your services on the Platform at your discretion, and you acknowledge that:
- Services advertised must be within the scope of permitted activity on the Platform
- You are responsible for replying to the service requests in a professional manner
- You are responsible for ensuring information displayed is accurate and not misleading
- IPA accepts no responsibility for the form, content, accuracy, delivery of or any response to the service advertised by you
Invest Qatar reserves the right to add, suspend or remove services from the Platform at any time. Invest Qatar has the right to delete or amend services offered by any company without prior notice. To raise any issue relating to amendment or removal of services, please contact the Invest Qatar team.
What data do we collect?
The IPAQ collects the following data from the Site and Platform:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone numbers etc.);
- Company identification information (organization name, registration data etc.);
- IP address; your device, browser, and operating system; your location, pages visited, and the duration of your stay on our Platform.
In addition from logged-in users on the Platform IPAQ collects:
- All the information you provide about anything you post on the Platform (Tenders, Opportunities, Services, Events etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the IPAQ with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Create an account on our Platform and Site
- Register to an event
- Request a service
- Add an opportunity
- Add a tender
- Add an event
- Add a service
- Fill out a form registering your interest in events or services
- Fill out an email subscription form
- Fill out a contact form
- Request information or email an enquiry to us
- Make a submission on any matter requiring public consultation
- Participate in any survey or other similar exercise undertaken by us
- File a complaint
- Use the chatbot feature
- Use or view our Platform and Site using your browser's cookies
- Send personal data to the IPAQ by any other means.
How will we use your data?
The IPAQ collects your data so that we can:
- Provide and improve our services to you
- Push content on your dashboard based on your preferences, interests, and user type
- Match you with relevant opportunities
- Facilitate introductions with other companies when applicable
- Manage our relationship with you and communicate with you
- Administer and improve our Platform; including compiling anonymous statistics, for example, Platform usage statistics
- Market, enhance and improve our services
- Maintain internal record keeping and audits
- Recruit new employees
- Comply with legal regulations
- Legitimately pursue our activities
- Send our email newsletter to you as well as other emails that might be of interest.
If you agree, the IPAQ will share your data with the following partners in order to facilitate the provision of relevant services:
- Government and regulatory bodies or entities in and outside of IPAQ
- Other businesses and third parties (such as our service providers, IT hosting and maintenance providers and other contractors) which we engage to help us run our business, for example to provide services to you
- Analytics, technology and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Platform
- Such other entities or bodies as may be required by law
- Any other parties to whom you authorise us to release your data.
How do we store your data?
The IPAQ securely stores your data using IT systems including databases hosted in the cloud. We will keep your data as outlined above in accordance with our data retention policy. We typically keep data for ten years from the end of our relationship. Sometimes data might be needed for a longer period for legitimate purposes, e.g., to resolve open enquiries. If certain data are deemed not to be longer required, we may delete, destroy or anonymise them.
Third party tools
Our Platform uses TalkJS, a third-party tool for messaging. You can refer to the Data protection clause in TalkJS terms and policy Point 9 https://talkjs.com/pdf/talkjs_terms.pdf
The IPAQ would like to send you information about services and events that we think might be of interest to you. If you have agreed to receive marketing messages, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to request that the IPAQ refrain from contacting you for marketing purposes and/or refrain from providing your data to other entities.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe by sending an email to email@example.com
What are your data protection rights?
The IPAQ would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request the IPAQ for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the IPAQ correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the IPAQ to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the IPAQ erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the IPAQ restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the IPAQ’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the IPAQ transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: +974 4496 7777
Or write to us:
Investment Promotion Agency Qatar
Tornado Tower, 13th Floor
P.O. Box 11381
Privacy policies of other websites
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our Platform and Site, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our Platform and Site
- Personalizing Site and Platform content for you
- Providing you with information matching your identified interests
- Completing requests made by you
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies; however, our Platform and Site use:
- Necessary – These cookies are essential to make our Platform work correctly as they enable you to move around our Platform and use our features. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g., entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
- Performance – These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our Platform by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the Platform, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our Platform.
- Functionality – IPAQ uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our Platform and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – IPAQ uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our Platform, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. IPAQ sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our Platform.
These cookies are set by our service providers at our request while on our Platform. They may be Session or Persistent cookies. These are cookies that sir out on our Platform and are managed by third parties at our request, to provide services and improve the customer browsing experience. They may also be used to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. These cookies collect data about your activities while on while on our Platform and may be used to enhance the setting party's datasets. They can be used to serve advertising to you on our Platform and other websites.
We do not permit any third-party content on our Platform with the exception of our authorized service providers. If you have a concern about our, or our authorized third-party service providers Personal Information collection, please contact us.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and you can find information at allaboutcookies.org. on how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our Platform and Site features may not function as a result.